Uniformity Index of UNFI is a ration of mean length with upper half mean length. it is calculated by HVI or Fibrogram cotton testing instruments.
We are giving the following details for the ideal or poor counts of Uniformity.
1. Uniformity Index of Unf below 77 is considered very low or poor uniformity.
2. Uniformity index between the range of 77 to 80 is called low uniformity.
3. Uniformity Index Unf from 80 to 84 is considered medium level. Mostly normal quality cotton contains this range.
4. Uniformity Index 85 to 87 is considered high level uniformity.
5. Uniformity Index above 87 is considered a very high level of uniformity.
Author: Afzaal Khadim Khan
Owner: Textiles Bar