What is CLSP in Yarn
CLSP is a strength measuring term used in Yarn. CLSP is Abbreviation of (Count Lea Strength in Pounds). We have already explained in details the meaning Count. CLSP is a multiplier answer of Lea strength with actual count. Yarn lea length is usually 120 yards with circumference of 1.5 yard. we get CLSP by multiplying the lea strength with actual count of the same lea.
Some regular standards of CLSP are given below for your understanding.
What should be CLSP of Open End Yarn
CLSP of Open End yarn is always lower than the CLSP of Ring Spun Yarn. Usually for cotton yarn it is between the range of 1700 to 1900 depending on the quality and blend of cotton. another factor which have impact on CLSP is TPI of yarn. Higher the TPI more the CLSP will be.
What will be CLSP of Ring Spun Yarn.
Ring spun yarn CLSP is always better than Open End yarn. Some general figures of Ring Spun yarn CLSP are given below.
- CLSP of cotton carded yarns for knitting is mostly between the range of 2100 to 2300.
- CLSP of cotton carded yarns for weaving will be between the range of 2500 to 2800.
- CLSP of cotton combed yarns for knitting is mostly between the range of 2200 to 2500 depending on the TPI (Twist per Inch) requirement in yarn.
- CLSP of cotton combed yarns for weaving will be between the range of 2800 to 3200.
- CLSP of compact yarns both in carded or combed and for knitting and weaving is usually higher than normal of non compact yarn.